The TEEAM Executive Board is comprised of elected teachers
and administrators from across the state. Members of the board
are elected at the annual TEEAM conference held in October.
The TEEAM Executive Board meets at the ARL Building in Howard
County. Meetings begin at 5:30 PM in Room B60. TEEAM Board
meetings are open to the general public.
For specific meeting dates, contact Sharon
Board Position Descriptions >> clickHERE
Constitution - PDF
Executive Director - Duties *(see a more complete
explanation in the TEEAM By Laws)
- the Executive Director shall coordinate the programs and
actions of the Association as directed by the Executive
- publish 2 newsletters (December and May) and two bi-annual
Association publications (February and September).
- report on the state of the Association at each board and
- provide assistance to all committees
- maintain a record and mailing list of all members
- maintain a record of the proceedings of the Association
including Treasurer's reports and secretarial minutes.
- Provide general coordination of all publications
- develop and distribute an agenda for meetings
The President shall preside at all meetings of the Association
and of the Executive Board and shall perform the usual duties
of this office togother with all special ones required by
The President shall appoint, upon approval of the Executive
Board, all special committees deemed necessary and shall also
be an ex-officio member of all committees.
The President will plan and implement an annual awards recognition
event for members of the association.
- Decide on a location, vendor, and date for the dinner
- Put together a flyer to go out to all county supervisors
and members announcing a call for nominations for the following
awards annually: new middle school teacher, new high school
teacher, new elementary teacher, elementary teacher excellence,
middle school teacher excellence, high school excellence,
middle school program, high school program, undergraduate
student scholarship award, lifetime achievement, leadership,
advocacy award. Post a deadline for accepting nominations.
- post flyer on the TEEAM website
- locate and reserve a keynote speaker
- organize an awards committee and date to review and decide
on the category winners
- reserve a "master of ceremonies" for the dinner
- awards committee reviews and selects winners of awards
- invite all award nominees to the TEEAM conference
- print award certificates and nominee certificates
- announce award winners at the October TEEAM conference
and give out certificates
- Send out advertisements about the dinner
- collect reservations and money
- collect information and photos for sending to the ITEEA
for the convention awards ceremony
- organize an awards dinner committee for reservations checkin,
banner setup, photography, table seating chart
- Awards Dinner during Engineering Week
The President will oversee the Professional Recognition and
TEEAM Past President
The TEEAM Past President will attend all TEEAM Executive
Board meetings and plan, coordinate, organize, and evaluate
the annual TEAM conference held every year during the third
week of October.
• Conduct an initial convention planning meeting
o Review evaluations for each session and for the entire convention
o Compile a list of potential speakers/presenters
o Develop a conference theme and select a keynote speaker
• Complete orientation and job description for convention
• Solicit conference planning committee membership
January – February
• Identify the following conference committee chairs:
o Vendors Booths and Vendor Presentations
o Middle School Presentations
o High School Presentations
• Convention chairs distribute introductory letter to
o Distribute convention information form to presenters or
obtain information over the phone
• Determine costs for speakers (airfare, room, honorarium)
• (If new venue) Discuss facility layout with a possible
visit to the site
• Discuss preliminary room assignments (chart)
• Present possible topics/presenters to the TEEAM Board
• Arrange final room assignments, topics, and any other
changes to Convention Program
• Verify equipment/audiovisual needs for each session
• Mail room assignment letter to presenters
• Post preliminary conference agenda to http://www.techedmd.org
• Send preliminary conference agenda to membership via
• Finalize and print convention program (Must be completed
by September 1)
• Distribute map and directions to convention site
• Confirm keynote speaker
• Email final confirmation letter to presenters
• Handle any late problems and arrange for special equipment
or audio-visual needs
• Secure an electronic copy of all conference presentations
for http://www.techedmd.org by October 3, 2008.
• Confirm that all conference committee chairs have
completed all duties as assigned.
• Make any last minute changes
• Be present at the entire convention
• Attend the general membership session
Post-Convention (Must be completed prior to Thanksgiving)
• Mail thank you notes to presenters and their immediate
TEEAM President – Elect
- The President-Elect shall assume the office of President
at the end of his term.
- - In the event the office of President shall become vacant,
such a vacancy shall be filled by the President-Elect.
- - In the absence of the President the President-Elect
shall act as president pro tempore at executive or general
- - The President-Elect will plan and oversee Association
sponsored workshops and MD Engineering Challenge events.
TEEAM Vice President for Relations and Student Affairs
- The Vice President for Professional Relations and Affairs
shall be responsible for the following committees:
- - Student Recruiting Committee
- - Student Clubs Committee
- - Student Contests Committee
- In the event the office of President and President-Elect
shall become vacant, the office of President shall be filled
on an interim basis by this Vice President until the special
election required by these bylaws.
- In the absence of the President, President-Elect, and
Past President this Vice President shall act as president
pro tempore at executive or general membership meetings.
TEEAM Treasurer -
The Treasurer shall collect, disburse, and maintain all fees,
dues, monies, and records in the manner prescribed by the
Executive Board; shall submit regular financial statements
in the form and frequency prescribed by the Executive Board;
shall prepare and submit an annual statement for the fall
conference of the Association; and shall generally perform
such duties as are ordinarily incumbent upon a Treasurer.
The Secretary shall keep a full and accurate report of the
proceedings of the meetings of the Association and of the
Executive Board; shall be custodian of all records, except
financial, that pertain to functions of the Association; shall
distribute a copy of the minutes of the Executive Board's
meetings to all members of the Executive Board and District
Representatives within two (2) weeks of the meeting; shall
mail ballots to the membership; and shall be responsible for
keeping all correspondence. The Secretary shall also perform
such duties as may be prescribed by the President.
- The Secretary shall act as Parliamentarian.
--- Robert's Rules of Order Revised (latest edition) shall
govern all deliberations of the Association and its Executive
Board except as otherwise provided in these bylaws.